[doap-interest] doap.rdf, etc.

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Tue Jul 28 11:46:17 CEST 2009

I just heard about this project this evening.  Looks like a fit
with some of my forays into RDF-based mechanized documentation.
I'd like to see if I can convince the RubyGems and GitHub folks
to join up.

I was unable to use curl to grab a copy of doap.rdf:

  $ curl 'http://usefulinc.com/ns/#doap' > foo

It grabbed a "301 Moved Permanently" page, so I tried the -L
option, which got "File not Found".   I ultimately used Firefox
to view the page and then save it, but I'd like a method that
I can use from the command line.  Clues, anyone?

Looking at the file, I noticed something that seems wrong.  In
the "tester" property, the _second_  r d f s : c o m m e n t
 x m l : l a n g = " e n "
entry appears to be in Japanese.

More generally, is there a regular HTML page that simply shows
an English summary of the schema?  Something like:

Class:
  Project:  "A project."
  Version:  "Version information of a project release."

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com