Welcome, and some comments (was RE: [rdfweb-dev] hey)

Marc Canter marc at broadbandmechanics.com
Thu Jul 3 15:37:09 UTC 2003

Oooops - sorry again for sounding rude.

I AM here to help.  That's why I'm here.

My contribution (besides the open source weboutliner tool we have
(http://demo.weboutliner.com/weboutliner ) can be to see things from the
end-users perspective.

Later today I will try (for the third time) to install SVG on my machine
- and attempt to walk through a typical day in the life of a FOAF meme.
By that I mean:

	- new user joins - by creating a FOAF file and posting it
somewhere
		- #1 perspective #1 - there doesn’t seem to be ONE way
to structure the URL.  Am I wrong about that?
		- wouldn’t having ONE way to do a URL be easier-simpler
- or am I being naïve?

	- embeds blog with FOAF pointer
		- what's the right place to do this? The Home/Blog page?
Or the 'About me' page?   Or both?
		- I find it frustrating using FOAf Explorer to select
the bookmarklet and get nothing - from RDF nerd pages  which I KNOW have
FOAF in there - somewhere.
		- Guidance and best practices suggestions could help
here.

	- make friends with other FOAF heads
		- now that Morten has provided that functionality - I
can say "I'm getting there"
		- I'm excited about the upcoming FOAF-a-matic mark2 -
and not just because my name is Marc Canter
		- Haven't found example of a two level friend network
yet.....
		- I know that's supposed to happen dynamically - but
sure two, trhe, four degrees could/should get embedded in a file - no?

	- THEN I can sit down and design how WE'RE going to use
FOAF.....

I'm also excited about trying out the import/export from eCademy - and
seeing if any of this works with TypePad right now.

further apologizes below.......