[rdfweb-dev] Fifty Words

Julian Bond julian_bond at voidstar.com
Fri Jul 25 21:38:40 UTC 2003

Dan Brickley <danbri at w3.org> wrote:
>Sounds like a nice idea. Do you have some examples, I'm curious...?

Two examples.

http://www.ecademy.com/account.php?op=view&id=1
CTO, wifi, web services, xml, nerd, geek, motorcycle, scooter, scifi,
Cambridge, engineering, open source, php, de-centralization, chillout,
science fiction, grateful dead, physics, cycling, cyberpunk,
illuminatus, coyote, quantum

http://www.ecademy.com/account.php?op=view&id=8
Solihull, Maths, History, Books, Retail, Sales, Dorking, Tennis, Scout,
Walking, Croydon, Finance, Marketing, Aquarius, London, Amstrad,
Microsoft, Dell, Wimbledon, Database, Urban Science, Farnham, Married,
Children, Football, AKQA, Internet, Debis, BT, CommerceOne, Author,
Ecademy, Speaker, Non-Executive Director, Dogs, Hotels, Movies,
Networking, Harley-Davidson, Cigars, Catholic, Terminator2, Relentless,
Views, Meet Joe Black, Quest4Fire, WeePen, French Chateaux, Mountains,
Golf, Randomness

The power comes from using them as search terms. I've got a thing inside
Ecademy that let's you find "people like this" based on the strength of
the match using MySQL's fulltext index.

As you can see they're like HTML's <meta name="keywords" content="" for
people. Perhaps foaf:keywords ?

Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond at voidstar.com
Webmaster:              http://www.ecademy.com/
Personal WebLog:       http://www.voidstar.com/
M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173   T: +44 (0)192 0412 433