[foaf-dev] [Fwd: OR08 Repository Developer Challenge: Invitation to Participate]

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Sun Jan 27 13:55:23 GMT 2008

SWIG, foaf-dev,

This might be fun...

"Repository developers are invited to participate in a new "Repository =

Challenge" prize activity to produce demonstrations of novel repository =

capability during the OR08 conference. " (see attached)

Open Data, prize money, collaborative hacking ... what's not to like?

OR08 info here - http://or08.ecs.soton.ac.uk/

Repository Challenge page - http://or08.ecs.soton.ac.uk/developers.html

As it happens, yesterday in #swig IRC chat, some of us were talking =

about OAI-PMH http://eprints.ecs.soton.ac.uk/cgi/oai2?verb=3DIdentify and =

how 'social graph' data might be extracted, eg. by =

http://simile.mit.edu/wiki/OAI-PMH_RDFizer
Well, I was anyway :) I got stuck installing the RDFizer at the "where's =

the Sun JDK as a RedHat package" stage, but perhaps others might be more =

persistent. The OR08 ("orate?") event is in Southampton UK, 1st-4th =

April. I'm interested to see what folks come up with...

cheers,

Dan