[foaf-dev] Re: Social Networks that use FOAF

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Tue Mar 25 04:35:35 GMT 2008

Story Henry wrote:
> To me it is quite clear why foaf is extreemly useful. I believe the =

> privacy issues can be dealt with quite simply with openid.

OpenID by itself isn't enough, there has to be some way to specify
policy around the info expressed in the FOAF.  Eg, maybe Susy can see
subset X of my "social graph" while Bob can see subset Y and Dave
can see anything.

FWIW, working up a way to express and control that kind of "policy =

stuff" is an explicit goal for OpenQabal.  I'm not far enough long
yet to have done any actual coding around that, but some ideas
are percolating in my mind.  Would be interested to see what
you lot think about how to deal with this point...

TTYL,

-- =

Phillip Rhodes
Chief Architect - OpenQabal